Monday, April 25, 2011

William and Katherine

I have to admit, I'm horribly excited to watch Prince William and soon-to-be Princess Katherine get hitched at the end of this week.

I had a huge unrequited crush on Prince William during my formative years (what red-blooded straight girl couldn't love the blond-haired, blue-eyed poster boy for Prince Charming?), and I think Kate Middleton is effortlessly classy and elegant. I love what she's done for hats over the last few years, and I cannot wait to see her outfits for decades to come.

Perhaps -- just perhaps -- some of my excitement is also because my own nuptials are counting down, and I'm doing my absolute damndest to be a pretty pretty princess in my own right.

But I mean, come on -- who doesn't love the pomp and circumstance that goes along with a royal wedding? Granted, the pomp is definitely more appreciated by those of us who don't have to pay for it in taxes, but we have our own pomp we're taxed for. So there.

In short, raise a cuppa to William and Katherine. May their marriage be filled with years of loveliness and laughter, the same as I would wish for any newlyweds (myself included). And I hope Katherine doesn't mind if I use her as modern-day inspiration for effortless dignity and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment