Thursday, October 14, 2010

Awwwww! Widdle booties!

These are about the cutest booties on the planet. Every time I whip one of these out, it incites a cacophony (look it up) of squeals from everyone nearby. Even men. It's true. I've seen it.

They're wee widdle UGG booties!!! Aren't they cute? I have to admit, even these booties are completely adorable. They're knit out of Berroco Suede (discontinued, grumble grumble) and Berroco Plush for the white fluff at the top. I found a free pattern online a few years ago and now have the pleasure of teaching a class for these booties at the LambShoppe in Denver (click the link for the full list of their classes and instructions on how to sign up). Right now they're scheduled on November 13 and November 20 from 3-4:30pm. That may change -- after knitting up the sample, I think I'll need longer than an hour and a half, but I have some other classes that day (Knitting 101 at Fancy Tiger). Call the shop if you want to sign up; if it changes, you'll be notified.

I also finished a hat.

Shown here on Gwyneth because it's too big even on me. Everything looks big on Gwyneth, so I figured this would work out well. It's EZ's Dairy Queen hat pattern, and I knit it up from my first handspun. I've considered tossing it into the washing machine to tighten it up a bit, but I have the feeling I shall be smoted upon if I felt my first handspun. I'm keeping it as is for now -- it might be good to wrap my hair up in on certain days.

Still have a lot on the needles, and becoming a little overwhelmed with it. I agreed to do a knit-a-long starting in November that will be my first lace project. Another EZ pattern, her circle shawl from Knitter's Almanac. I might keep it to her pattern, but I'm tempted to try this gorgeous thistle pattern I saw on the cover of a book years ago.
Upon closer inspection, it might be even more advanced than I was remembering it, which makes it grossly intimidating for my first lace project, especially when I'm knitting so much already. Perhaps I'll just keep it to EZ's instructions and not overthink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment